FD International's Website

FD International's Website
RETURN TO

Friday, April 4, 2014

Firefighters waiting at Logan airport for family of one of the fallen Boston firemen.

As a wife of a United States Marine, sights like this one really open the water works for me and tug at my heart strings. This is a true sign of respect, love, brotherhood, and a lifetime of support. I am very lucky to not know the feeling of loosing someone that I depend on every single day and I couldn't imagine how gut-wrenching it is. I am told that being a firefighter holds this bond that is irreplaceable, the men and women standing beside you hold your life and safety in their hands each time you are out on a call or training exercise. In my opinion, being a firefighter is truly selfless, most say it is a calling, but to be able to put someone else's well being and life almost ahead of your own, is indescribable and amazing. I am grateful every single day for men and women like these kneeling in this picture, for the sacrifices they make, for the challenges they face, and for the amount of respect they hold dear to their hearts. My thoughts and prayers truly go out to the two fallen firefighters, their families, and their fellow firefighters.



No comments:

Post a Comment